Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Food Bank RGV. Volunteers make our mission possible. Sign up for a volunteer shift at the food bank and find out why it is the most popular place to volunteer in the Valley.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, our volunteer opportunities are currently limited to our weekly Drive Thru Emergency Pantry distributions on Wednesday mornings from 7am – 10am and a few other projects. Please contact Olivia Lemus for more information at (956) 904-4535.
During this challenging time we are doing everything possible to ensure your safety when you volunteer. We follow guidelines as outlined by the CDC for any person who is found to be positive. We believe when guidelines are followed during one’s volunteer service, the opportunity for transmission of COVID-19 is mitigated.
You will be subject to the following safety procedures:
- Temp check upon arrival - All volunteers will be given a no-touch temp check upon arrival. Volunteers with a temperature of 100.4 or above (the recommended threshold from the CDC) will be asked to leave and reschedule their shift.
- Deep cleaning – Food Bank staff are continuously doing deep cleanings at all of our volunteer locations before, during and after volunteer shifts.
- Social distancing: Accommodations are in place to allow volunteers to perform their duties with reasonable social distancing.
- Provide Protective Gear – All visitors are required to wear a mask/face covering before entering our facility and during volunteer shifts. No exceptions. Hand sanitizer is available upon entry prior to check in and it is also located throughout the distribution tent. Gloves are provided at the start of each volunteer shift.
- Closely Monitoring Personal Health – We ask that if you are feeling sick, you cancel your registration and come back after you are certain you have no symptoms nor contracted COVID-19.
Thank you for joining us, for helping us be vigilant in our safety measures, and for your selfless service that ensures no individual in our community will go without food. Thank you for volunteering!
To view opportunities available: View Opportunities
If you have been assigned community service through a court please register at https://forms.gle/ReCDircU4HLihQ3QA
Use your corporate power for community good.
Time is a gift to hungry kids, seniors, and others who may not have enough to eat.
If your corporate group or organization would like to volunteer as a group, please contact Olivia Lucio directly to see what opportunities are available.
Don’t have the time to volunteer? Here are some fun ways to engage your group or organization.
Payroll Deduction / Employee Giving
Payroll deductions are an easy and simple way to make charitable donations directly from your paycheck. This tax-deductible donation is one of the most cost-effective way to donate to the Food Bank RGV. Please ask your company’s HR Department if there is a matching gift prog